Add a pair of these tropical beauties to your garden to create a real holiday feel for many years.
A relative of the date palm, Phoenix canariensis is a large palm tree, with spreading deep green leaves arching elegantly from its attractive, stout trunk.
During a hot summer, drooping bunches of creamy-yellow flowers may appear.
Holding a prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, the Canary Island date palm makes an excellent evergreen specimen plant for the patio or conservatory.
Phoenix canariensis enjoys a sheltered garden position in the UK, although will cope with temperatures down to -6C (21F).
The Phoenix Palm is undeniably impressive and can grow to more than 12m in its native Canary Islands.
Fortunately, here in the UK and when restricted in a container, it reaches a much more manageable height of 1.5m (5').
Add a pair of these tropical beauties to your patio or garden to create a real holiday feel for years to come.
Instantly conjuring up scenes of a tropical paradise, where their huge leaves waft airily in the sea breeze and you can almost hear the sea lapping at the shore...
Supplied as a pair of mature potted plants, approx 70-80cm tall (3ft) tall and in 15cm diameter pots, ready to plant outside from the end of April.
- Add a pair of these tropical beauties to your garden to create a real holiday feel for many years,
- Their unique architectural shape and spectacular foliage add instant dramatic impact to any garden.
- Despite their tropical origins, these exotic plants thrive in the UK and are winter hardy to -6.
- They love a sunny position and are perfect for patio pots!
- Supplied as a pair of mature potted plants, approx 70-80cm tall (3ft) tall and in 15cm diameter pots.
I have just received a pair of Phoenix Palms from you. They are stunning, at least as big as advertised, and exceptional value for money. My first time - but I'll be back for more. SC, June 2015